Hit Calligraphy on the Categories tab to view recent work.
How much is it? Given the different styles, we have developed a tiered pricing scheme. Please click HERE for the detailed fees.
Minimum amount – 100 envelopes.
Why do lined/dark envelopes cost more? I use a lightbox to make the guidelines show thru the envelope’s paper. Since lining or dark paper would make it more difficult for light to penetrate, we will need to line each envelope or page manually and then erase these lines before delivery.
How long does it take? It would really depend on how many you’d like me to write on, but on the average, 100 pcs would take 3-5 days.
Things to note:
- Before turning over the list of names to me, please have them double or even triple-checked by both sets of parents.
- Finalize and ensure correct titles or designations, especially if you have guests who are from the medical, military, or any other field that would require those important abbreviations.
- Your printer would usually give you at least 10 extra envelopes to cover for addressing mistakes. It would be appreciated if you would give at least 5 of them to the calligrapher in the event of casualties.
- If you could give a paper swatch separately or in advance, that would be great. It would give me the chance to mix the ink and test it before writing on the actual envelope.
- Set clear expectations in terms of style of writing and ink color.
Are there different styles of writing? I love writing in a more contemporary, free hand, using flexible nibs. For something more formal, I can also infuse a more Copperplate discipline (in a sense that there is a prescribed slant and uniformity for the letters).
Not sure of what style you want or have more questions? Feel free to drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we could set a meet-up to thresh out your theme and other inquiries you may have.